Tracking code caldwell guardian

Sunday, September 11, 2011

David Clark Running for Caldwell City Council

David Clark sent in the below information on his bid for Caldwell City Council.

Hello everyone. I wanted to personally send out this email to let you know I am running for Caldwell City Council, seat 6. Councilman Bob Sobba has decided not to run this time around. I wanted to thank him for his 40 years of service to Caldwell. During a recent lunch meeting with Councilman Sobba, he said he has been blessed to have been able to serve and he is looking forward to more outdoor activities in the future! I also wanted to thank Arlene Yamamoto for agreeing to act as my Treasurer and Lety Juarez-Sisson as my public relations manager.

I have been living in Caldwell for a long time and I love it here. I chose to raise my family here and I hope that opportunities will be created so my kids may raise their kids here as well. One of the issues heavy on my mind is the proper role of government. I believe government should create the environment so business owners can come in and set up shop. Currently, it is quite difficult for businesses to come here due to unnecessary restrictions, antiquated rules, regulations and red tape. In addition, the City should not be choosing between who wins and who loses, i.e, subsidizing businesses. 

I have already been asked by friends why I would be the best choice for this office. I answer them by saying I have operated many successful businesses. I have also failed a few times and that has given me valuable experience. I also say I have fifteen years of marketing and advertising experience. This experience will be helpful promoting the city and attracting new business ventures via the Internet and other media sources. Lastly, I am from Caldwell. I graduated from Caldwell High School, I worked here and I have raised my family here. I am a Ambassador in the Chamber of Commerce. I have served on the Planning and Zoning Commission. I have plenty of community equity. Plainly, I love this town.

I also wanted to ask you to go my facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/DavidforCaldwell?sk=app_190322544333196) and check out my platform to create positive changes in Caldwell. If you like what you see, please pass it on.

I hope that you would feel free to call me or send me an email with any questions you may have. I want to be sure I am representing the Citizens of Caldwell properly. Your opinion is important and necessary. 

Thanks and I will see you at the Indian Creek Festival! (look for our cardboard kayak). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A public discourse on the issues of the day makes the world a better place.

We welcome comments but they will be moderated and edited if too long or do not have anything to do with the post.
Agree or disagree just do it without profanity or it won't get posted. Try to keep your comments to no more than 300 words. Too long and I will try to edit it down or simply delete the comment. The whole idea is to get people to read your comment. Don't use 10 words when one will do the job.

It's OK to have a difference of opinion but keep it civil. I have used the "delete" feature on myself at times.

The ANONYMOUS feature for comments seems to be the most user friendly. People have commented they have difficulty with the other methods of posting comments.