Tracking code caldwell guardian

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sticky Vinyl Windows ...Use ArmorAll


It has been a slow time for the usual things presented for your comment and review but yesterday I got a tip worth passing on to readers.

We recently had new vinyl windows installed and some of them are binding.  I went to the good people at Superior Paint and Glass in Caldwell and Fred, the owner gave us this tip.  ArmorAll applied to the friction points will take care of the binding in a jiffy.

I was advised to not use petroleum based lubricants as they are not as effective.  I always got away with WD-40 for most things like sticking widows in the past.  The ArmorAll application cured the binding and the windows now slide effortlessly.  I found ArmorAll on deal at O'Reilly's two 10 oz. bottles for the price of one.  Now the only problem I have is what to do with all this ArmorAll.

5 comments:

  1. There are only 2 necessary things in the universe. WD40 to make things go and duct tape to make things stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Armorall does not shrink and crack the window frames as it did on my 1986 Blazer's vinyl dash. Only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. editor note: vinyl will withstand cleaning with laquer thinner and other solvents that will literally melt most plastics. Degradation of plastics in cars is a fact of life due to the heat and sun exposure.

    I would like to think vinyl windows will tolerate armorall. I put it on the friction surfaces of my own new windows and it solved the friction and binding issues.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for posting this great information! I have actually been looking for new vinyl windows in vancouver... Hopefully, I'll be able to find exactly what I'm looking for in the new future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atlas Windows and Doors is the best place to buy your vinyl windows and doors while offering quality, service and experience to our clients.
    cost of vinyl windows

    ReplyDelete

A public discourse on the issues of the day makes the world a better place.

We welcome comments but they will be moderated and edited if too long or do not have anything to do with the post.
Agree or disagree just do it without profanity or it won't get posted. Try to keep your comments to no more than 300 words. Too long and I will try to edit it down or simply delete the comment. The whole idea is to get people to read your comment. Don't use 10 words when one will do the job.

It's OK to have a difference of opinion but keep it civil. I have used the "delete" feature on myself at times.

The ANONYMOUS feature for comments seems to be the most user friendly. People have commented they have difficulty with the other methods of posting comments.