Saturday, February 21, 2009
Monday evening at the Caldwell Police HQ Mayor Namcolas will give us all the latest info on downtown Caldwell. (Monday February 23rd 6:00 PM)
This ought to be an interesing meeting as if follows the Caldwell Chamber of Commerce meeting this past week where the main topic was inaction with various "catalyst projects" from the new City Hall nobody has really asked for to the move from Sky Ranch to downtown for TVCC and other issues of Chamber members.
Questions for the Mayor and his team might be:
1. Who asked for a new city hall? (Nobody seems to know the answer to this.)
2. Who is making decisions with the TVCC project move from Sky Ranch to Downtown?
3. How much will the new city hall project cost taxpayers?
4. Is the D.L. Evans Bank project really at all stop?
5. How will downtown businesses cope with parking if TVCC is located in downtown?
6. Is it true the City of Caldwell told St. Lukes they were not intersted in a new St. Luke's hospital project on 20/26 near Sky Ranch?
7. Codes and draconian update requirements are limiting economic devleopment downtown. Why can't reasonable accomodations be made for existing non-compliant buildings be made?
8. Why is Caldwell mandating more than is required by the Americans With Disabilities Act. No oversight of the building official enforcing this is demonstrated and it is hurting small business in Caldwell.
It will be interesting to see Mayor Nancolas "tap dance" through all this stuff come Moncay evening.
Posted by Paul Alldredge at 2:07 PM