Wednesday, March 14, 2012
THE GUARDIAN received a copy of the plan and here is a summary of
1. Consolidate Nampa Annex Court in Caldwell Courthouse
2. Relocate 25,255 SF for Commissioners, Treasurer, Assessor and Development Services to lease space and renovate vacated space for Courts. A new building is going to be built in the current parking lot in front of 1115 Albany. This will eat up a substantial portion of the $10.4 MM
3. Construct a new 45 bed Juvenile Detention Facility on site adjacent to existing Juvenile facility. Cost will be something less than $1MM.
4. Old juvenile facility to become an adult women's detention unit. Costs to be determined.
5. Tear down the existing maintenance shop and combine this into the Fleet Complex area.
Anyone interested in the full PDF of this is welcome to ask for it via a public records request to Canyon County. You will need to ask for ... Canyon County Government/Justice Facility Master Planning Presentation Materials dated Friday, January 20, 2011. It is a power point program with 40 slides and over 6 mb in size. Here's a link to the County website page. Use the County Commissioners records request and not the one for the Sheriff http://www.canyonco.org/Search/?q=commissioner%20public%20records%20request&oq=commissioner%20public%20records%20request&aq=f&aql=1&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=6009l17890l0l19433l47l39l2l2l2l0l459l5460l2-12.4.3l19l0&gs_l=partner.3...6009l17890l0l19433l47l39l2l2l2l0l459l5460l2-12j4j3l19l0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13.1
Posted by Paul Alldredge at 12:45 PM