Tracking code caldwell guardian

Monday, September 19, 2011

Jerry Kilbourne Running for Caldwell City Council


Mr. Kilbourne is running for seat 5 in the Caldwell City Council election.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn”- Benjamin Franklin-
First of all, I am not a politician.  I do not consider City Council a stepping stone for bigger and better things.  I don’t have a wealth of political knowledge from which to dip my ladle and stand here and tell you, “here is where I stand and this is what I am going to do.”  What I bring to the table is superb communication and mediation skills and a willingness to listen to both sides in order to make a rational judgment. I have no high profile friends which may cloud my judgment yet I, being a long time Caldwell resident, am sensitive to the growth needed to help Caldwell prosper.  I have always been of the school that all government needs fresh ideas from one of the masses; the masses which I belong. 
I am a 17 year resident of Caldwell Idaho and reside with my wife and son.  My wife and I moved to Idaho in November 1994 where I picked up a job with a local agricultural company which I worked until the season ended in late January 1995. I found work with various companies until settling with a High Tech company in 2000.  With the unfortunate turn in the economy I found myself laid off in 2009.  I did not see my lay off as a bad situation; instead I saw it as a new opportunity.  In June 2009 I seized this new opportunity and went back to get my degree in Business Administration.  With degree in hand, I went back to work.
In my free time I enjoy Camping in beautiful Idaho, seeing sites around town, riding my motorcycle and Family time.  I also help out as a Math and Writing tutor and am a member of Toastmasters.

Quick facts:
Name Jerry Kilbourne
Born: January 1966
Residence:  Caldwell Idaho Since 1994
Marital status: Married
Education: College of Western Idaho 2010 -   Business Administration
Favorite quote: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

4 comments:

  1. Not sure if you listing off your lack of experience right off the bat will help or hinder your campaign, but I will say that I at least find your honesty refreshing. Looking forward to seeing you debate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neal. You are right that the jury is still out in regards to my experience. I thought about it for a long time and, after much thought I decided to just lay it out there right off the bat.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Caldwell needs a person like you in the City Council. I am so fed up with "politician" types promising on thing and once elected delivering something else. Up front I can tell you are one of us. This could be great for Caldwell.

    ReplyDelete

A public discourse on the issues of the day makes the world a better place.

We welcome comments but they will be moderated and edited if too long or do not have anything to do with the post.
Agree or disagree just do it without profanity or it won't get posted. Try to keep your comments to no more than 300 words. Too long and I will try to edit it down or simply delete the comment. The whole idea is to get people to read your comment. Don't use 10 words when one will do the job.

It's OK to have a difference of opinion but keep it civil. I have used the "delete" feature on myself at times.

The ANONYMOUS feature for comments seems to be the most user friendly. People have commented they have difficulty with the other methods of posting comments.